Laser cutting is a technology in which the laser beam generated by the laser device is transmitted through a series of mirrors and finally focused by the focusing mirror to the surface of the workpiece, generating a local high temperature at the focus, so that the heated point of the workpiece is instantly melted or vaporized to form kerf.
At the same time, in the process of cutting, auxiliary gas is added to blow out the slag at the cutting seam, and finally the purpose of processing is achieved.
The working principle of the plasma cutting machine is to use oxygen or nitrogen as the working gas, use the heat of the high-temperature plasma arc to partially melt and evaporate the metal at the incision of the workpiece, and use the momentum of the high-speed plasma flow to remove the molten metal to form a kerf.
Plasma cutting is suitable for cutting various metal materials, mainly for medium and heavy plate cutting.
The advantages: fast cutting speed, narrow kerf, small heat-affected zone, small deformation and low operating cost.
The disadvantage: the plasma cutting machine has an inclination angle of 0.5°~1.5° in the verticality of the section, and the incision is hardened.
Laser cutting is mainly for medium and thin plates, and the range of cutting materials is very wide (metals, non-metals, ceramics, glass, etc.).
Because the laser has the characteristics of high direction, high brightness and high strength, the laser cutting speed is fast, the processing accuracy is high, and the cutting seam is very narrow, and generally does not require subsequent processing.
In summary, in terms of cutting materials, laser cutting has a wider range of material choices than plasma cutting machines. In thin plate cutting, laser cutting has more significant advantages. In terms of cost, plasma cutting is much cheaper than laser cutting.
1. The laser cutting machine will not damage the workpiece, while the plasma cutting machine has large or small damage to the sheet. Especially in the cutting process, if there is a problem with the cutting nozzle of the plasma cutting machine, it will cause obvious defects to the plate.
2. Because the laser beam is focused into a small spot, the slit of the laser cutting machine is narrow, and the slit of the plasma cutting machine is slightly larger than that of the laser cutting machine.
3. The laser cutting machine is fast: the cutting speed can reach 10m/min, which is much faster than that of the plasma cutting machine.
4. The laser cutting machine has a smooth cutting surface, no burrs, and good cutting quality, which is a non-contact cutting. In addition, its cutting edge is less affected by heat, and there is basically no thermal deformation of the workpiece, which completely avoids the slump formed when the material is punched and sheared, and the cutting seam generally does not require secondary processing. However, the thickness of the cut sheet of the laser cutting machine is limited and the processing cost is high.
The plasma cutting machine can cut steel plates above 6-40mm according to different models and power levels, and the processing cost is relatively low.
5. The laser cutting machine has high precision. The positioning accuracy of the laser cutting machine is 0.05mm, and the repeated positioning accuracy is 0.02mm, but the working environment is demanding.
Although the processing accuracy of the plasma cutting machine is not as good as that of the laser cutting machine, it has lower requirements on the working environment and stronger mobility, and can adapt to a wide range of cutting, and the skill level of the personnel is lower than that of the laser cutting machine.
We provide customers with quality products and provide high-quality services
If you would like to leave us a comment please go to